Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Are You Working Out or Training?

Here's a quote from a recent newsletter regarding essential strategies for lean body development, from Athletic Body System (Bryan Kavanagh and Ian Graham).

"One thing you must realise is that you need to stop working out and start training, as there is a big difference between the two. People who train do so with a true purpose, a detailed plan and they know what they want and how to go about achieving it."

Deep down I know this, but sometimes I just need it to pop me in the face again. If I'm not concentrating, I tend to workout. When I am in focus, I train. Goals may be more virtuous than New Year resolutions, but they still don't help us if what we're actually doing everyday is not in sync with them.

We've all heard it before but seeing that quote helped me re-focus. I've certainly spent my fair share of time in the gym working out. The first quarter of the year is almost over! Time to review those goals and make every effort count as true training.

No comments: