Thursday, July 5, 2012

Preparing to Start the Ultimate Reset

I'm squealy excited about this and kind of scared too. My Ultimate Reset start date is July 11! It is suggested to start on a Wednesday because days 3-5 can be tough, so they would fall on the weekend when you can get extra rest or deal with issues. I work from home, so I don't anticipate I would need that, but I'm going to do it as suggested so I can better coach others.

I've read through my book. Each phase has a purpose. The first phase (week 1) is about getting control again. The structure, the food, the timing. This is going to be great for me because I tend to freestyle. For 21 days I'll have specific meals, portions and recipes to follow. The supplements, eating and drinking are purposeful and this is much needed for me. Knowing what to eat and doing it are two different things. I'm a little nervous about the cooking aspect. I tend to eat single items, maybe two or three on my plate, I cook in bulk a lot and tend to make concoctions, not recipes. It's been a while since I've had my hands on ingredients and recipes.

I have a space in my kitchen for all my reset stuff - supplements, program and nutrition guide, shopping lists, etc. If I don't organize myself I tend to get scattered. I've decided to keep it all in this cute little red basket.



So here are the other things I need to do to prep:

  • Visit the website and indicate my start date (I'll get emails each day for meal reminders & encouragement)
  • Print off my shopping lists for each week
  • Join the phase one (week 1) online forum for support
  • Go grocery shopping! 
  • Brush off some of those kitchen gadgets I've not used in a while!

Stay tuned - more to come on my Ultimate Reset adventure!

No comments: