Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tom Venuto Programs

Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is now in my posession and The Body Fat Solution is on the way!

I've been passing The Body Fat Solution every time I go into the bookstore, so it was just time to go ahead and get it. From what I understand, it makes a very deliberate effort to address the emotional, motivational and support system facets of fat loss. These are critical components that I believe are often overlooked. I also think they are controversial, or at least not as clear cut as people try to make them. I've seen people who have significant resources and strong support systems still struggle. On the flip side I've seen people achieve results against multiple odds and without adequate support. At this point, I tend to believe it still boils down to what is inside of you, but the journey is tremendously laborious and shaky without meaningful support. I'm anxious to read this book in particular for that reason.

Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is not some skimpy e-book. The core book is over 340 pages with additional supporting and bonus documents thrown in. It covers goal setting in detail, sabotaging yourself, focus, and emotions. It also discusses losing fat without diets (they don't work), body composition, measuring yourself and tracking your progress, the dreaded plateaus, body types and individuality. He goes into calories, macronutrients, meal timing and frequency, water, tips for getting truly lean and provides an eating plan and training (weights and cardiovascular). Overall it is very apparent there has been a lot of thought and work that has gone into this book. He also offers quite a comprehensive online membership.

We should be able to learn quite a bit from Tom as he is a lifetime natural bodybuilder. I'll be posting more as I dig in!

No comments: