Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Roll, Roll, Roll Your Ankle...

...while jumping on a bench! Actually, please don't do that. I tried it last night at the gym and it was not a good addition to my workout. However, being the over-achiever that I did not realize I am, I got through the rest of it. Then went by the grocery. Then went by my daughter's house. Then decided to prop it up with ice. After waking up at 3am and hardly being able to walk, I went back to bed and spent the next three hours trying to concoct a broken-ankle workout in my head. Good news is that it's not broken anywhere (went in for an Xray today to be on the safe side), but it's a sprain alright. Now I'll have to figure out a sprained-ankle workout. I'll let you know how that turns out! Words of wisdom: ice, elevation, an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory, an ankle brace from the drugstore and did I mention ice? Oh yeah, and don't run errands on the way home!

No comments: